Ngetal

Voici le point d'ancrage de voyageurs de Plan. Tantôt incarné en Elfe, d'autre fois en Lugian ou en nain, nous finissons toujours par revenir au même point, notre petite Auberge Ngetal

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Fri 25 Sep - 22:51

Garrett Frost
Crawling in Alice's Rabbit Hole

As soon as the music ended i felt as if something was missing.

At first when i came in the bar, i was so focused on my objective that i didn't fully paid attention to the music but it gave a soul to this place. And now the magic was gone.

I glanced quickly at the musician and mentally thank her for the beauty that she brought to that filthy place. I muttered to myself again "Even the Lotus Blossum can grow on Mud..."

I focused again on Snake and i nodded to his assertion

"Yes, classical music is really beautiful and your musician is really good. She gave to this place a beautiful soul"
I took a few seconds before adding: "And about my friend, her name is Miss Campbell. A pretty lady with red hair and green eyes".
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ngetal.forumpro.fr
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Sat 26 Sep - 17:47

Brian "Snake" Landon
Not Your Best Friend

"My musician?", Snake blinked, surprised, "No. Clover is one of us. But sometimes, when she fells like it, she comes around to stroke the piano"

He shifted his gaze toward the staircase, thoughtfull.

"She doesn't do it as often as she used to. Pity"

But the moment was quickly gone and he returned to his business like mask of boredom, pulling his full attention on Garret as he resumed studying his every moves and twitches.

"I don't know a Miss Campbell. You don't use your real names here. Never. Even the fake ones in fact. Names are precious things. And I don't doubt your Miss Campbell will gladly thank you for revealing hers"

He frowned.

"Find yourself a runner name as well, if you haven't already. That's free advice. I'll charge you for the next one"

He leaned back into his seat, drumming his fingers on the table's side.

"Let's see. I know a lot of redheads, one of which you just saw only seconds ago. But I doubt you're refering to Scarlet. There is, however, one I met recently and who had been looking for work"

He smiled, but it was not really a friendly smile.

"Did you mean Pixie?"

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Sat 26 Sep - 22:01

Garrett Frost
Quite pissed of by Morons

I could not restrain a smile
"Thanks for the free advice," I said.
Inwardly, I thought to all these poor Whishy bottles of Clan Campbell that i compromised by revealing such a common name for an Anglo-Saxon countries ... In addition, given that the person that was Maelle who could tell how many names she had assumed.
As for dear Snake, his condescending attitude began to break my balls quite hard
"Pixie ... this must be it. A pretty young redhead with a rare intelligence in eyes and with a wonderful ass. Maybe this description could help you?"
Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Mon 28 Sep - 17:15

Brian "Snake" Landon
Not Your Best Friend

"Ahahahah"

Snake actually laughed, even if there was not a single trace of amusement in his eyes. After a few seconds, he calmed down, the slightest hint of a nasty smirk tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Got a little bite I see", he leaned forward, on his elbows, his eyes locked into Garret ones, "I like that better"

Then, once more, he trailed off and kept his silence for a moment, as if he was trying to make up his mind, until he finally spoke again.

"So. You're looking for work, Mister…?"

He squinted his eyes, slightly.

Last edited by Liltroll on Tue 29 Sep - 15:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Tue 29 Sep - 10:41

Garrett "Constantine" Frost
Quite pissed of by Morons

« Constantine » i answered with an angelic smile while i was extended my hand.
Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Tue 29 Sep - 16:12

Brian "Snake" Landon
Not Your Best Friend

"Constantine"

Snake straightened up a bit, extending his own hand. At the same time his hand touched Garret’s, his wristwatch illuminated slightly, quickly followed by a soft beeping sound coming from something inside his pocket.

He reached out, pulling a comlink out of it and dropping his gaze on the display. His expression sobered up, the smirk replaced by the same mask of business like boredom he had only moments ago.

Eventually, he returned his attention on Garret.

"I like to know who I’m working with, Constantine", he casually commented before leaning back in his seat and returning the comlink to his pocket, "So, I take it that you work alone. Like that friend of yours?"

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Tue 29 Sep - 20:57

Swimming with sharks

I watched Snake's face change while he was looking at his comlink

So even mister Grumpy was able to smile and to be human.

I resisted to my envy to probe his mind just to know who it was or what kind of  message.

First, because invading people's thought without a good reason wasn't a part of my education (Thanks Eileen to stimulate my high sense of morality) and second because i was in his nest and who knows who was looking at the scene.
I was here to make some business friends and to find a job, not to make more enemies that i already have.
When he returned his attention to me and asked me about how i worked, it took me a few seconds before i answered.
How did i like to work as a runner ?

When i first step in this world in the pursuit of Bethany i took a full clip in my belly. Fortunately i was wearing a kevlar jacket but i almost died. So for my life and to be efficient because there was a lot of thing that i was unable to do i needed a team.

So I answered

"- No sir. I can work alone but if i can, i prefer to work in a team. It's more effective and it's better to accomplish a mission perfectly and get the money even if it's divided between all the member than doing a mission alone and fail pitifully
Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Wed 30 Sep - 16:19

Brian "Snake" Landon
Not Your Best Friend

"Very wise words", Snake replied matter-of-the-factly, "Maybe you should try to put some of that wisdom into your friend’s skull. For her own benefit"

He hooked his elbow over the seat’s edge, again, waving his hand in a dismissal fashion.

"But do not misunderstand me. I do not provide people with teams but with work. However…"

He trailed off, peering at Garret intently.

"Let me know, if and when things change"

He crooked a lopsided smile. It was nowhere near friendly but neither was it aggressive nor mocking, for once.

"Teams do get bigger jobs. And bigger pays"

The smile evaporated.

"And beside willingness to work with a team, what it is you can do, Constantine? Any useful talents I should be aware of?"

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Wed 30 Sep - 23:45

Trying not to be bitten

I resisted to the urge to show what i was able to do. Burning down something, probe his mind to find something to tell him and to impress him.

But it was my ego which was talking and it was not a good advisor. No i needed to play it soft.

Even if i disliked Snake, i needed him and being assimilated to a Show off was the last thing i wanted.
So i answered with humility but not too much

"i know how to use a gun and i am not too bad in hand to hand combat. I am quite good on investigation and i know a bit of magic"
Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Sat 3 Oct - 0:37

Brian "Snake" Landon
Not Your Best Friend

Snake nodded, once.

"I see", he tilted his head to a side, "Well, I don’t know you. Yet. So I won’t give you the top of the pile work. Plus you’re working on your own, which means a smaller job. But as long as we have an understanding..."

He blinked, his eyes losing their focus for a moment when he turned on his retinal hud while his hand began moving with no apparent reason.

"You have a very… hmm… how should I put this… versatile… set of skills", he focused his attention on Garret again, "But I may have something for you. Milk run. Good for a beginner. But low pay. Interested?"

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Tue 6 Oct - 0:10

Burning heart

All i wanted was to exult. At last, the opportunity was here but i stayed calm with a kind of poker face.

"We all need to begin somewhere, so, i am your man for the job. Could you brief me about it ?"
Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Wed 7 Oct - 16:25

Brian "Snake" Landon
Not Your Best Friend

Snake simply nodded, his left eye shifting slightly while his hands made some of these apparently empty gestures for the last time. After a second or so, Garret’s comlink vibrated, signaling the reception of a new message.

"I’ve sent you contacts about the client", Snake stated calmly, "He’s the one who’ll give you the last details on the run"

He put both his elbows on the table, twining his fingers together and resting his chin on top of the formed bridge, all the while keeping his eyes on Garret. There was a faint smile on his lips. It was neither mocking nor friendly, but a truly neutral expression.

"It’s a delivery run", he added, "The client will hand you the item and tell you were to bring it. I’ll take the usual fee for my services and give the rest to you once the run is over"

He tilted his head to a side.

"I’ll be expecting you back"

And with that said, he trailed off, contenting himself with observing whatever Garret was going to do now.

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Sun 11 Oct - 16:52

Ready for Business

I was relieved.

Finally i had the job. Ok i think that was not because Snake liked me but surely because he had no one for the job and mostly because it was hard to fuck it. But, who care, i had the job.
It was an easy one so if i was leaving soon enough i would be able to accomplish it and then grab the money for the landlord.  

So i got upand thanked Snake

"Thank you Sir. I will contact the client in a minute so i will do the delivery. " and after a pause i added "and yes i'll be back soon"

I bowed and i left the table.

I stopped to look at Oona. I eagerly wanted to ask her if she knew, as a bartender,  trusting people to build a team but it was too early. First i was going to show that i was to be trusted and then i would look for people.

I checked my comlink for the client information, i headed for a quiet place in the bar and i contacted him
Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Mon 12 Oct - 12:06

GM Post

Once more on the breach

Snake simply acknowledged Garret’s words with a tilt of his head.

As he stood up and headed back to the lower floor, Garret could notice that little seem to have changed in the bar. The only noticeable difference was the absence of music, which he was vividly reminded of when he passed by the now empty piano’s chair.

As he reached the ground floor Oona’s quickly glanced in his direction for a second, her hands busy drying a beer’s glass with a hand towel. She, too, nodded at him, once, before a faint friendly smile curled on her lips as she returned her attention to the room at large.

A quiet place was not hard to come by since most people seem to keep to themselves, or at least tended to huddle together at their table. They were obviously here to drink, not to make small talk. The matter was more, finding somewhere private enough to prevent people from eavesdropping.

Catching Garret’s searching glance, Oona eventually nodded toward a table which was at a reasonable distance from the others, offering privacy if someone was to talk quietly enough.

The number Snake had given was a direct line. The phone rang a couple of time before someone picked up on the other end.

"Si?"

The accent, was clearly Italian.

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Mon 19 Oct - 23:33

First step in delivery

While the phone was ringing, my chat with Snake came back to my mind, all we were doing was supposed to be secret, so as soon as someone picked up the phone an idea popped in my mind

"- Hello Sir, my name's Tyler Durden from Constantine Delivery Services. We are looking for opportunities and a mutual friend told me that you could need our benefit"
Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Fri 23 Oct - 14:56

GM Post

Once more on the breach

There was a short pause on the other side of the line after Garret’s interlocutor listened silently to his speech, but the answer came fast, with that same heavily accented voice. Italian.

"I see, so you’re the company our mutual friend arranged for the delivery"

There was another pause, shorter, until the voice picked up again.

"I’ve sent you a map. Come meet us here so we can finalize it. Ciao"

And with that last bit said, he hung up. Only seconds later, Garret’s phone vibrated, indicating the reception of an instant message. The location for the meeting matched the voice’s accent to a fault, since it was right within the part of Sydney under control of the Mafia.

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Tue 27 Oct - 0:44

lost in schizophrenia

As soon as my contact hanged up the phone, i studied the map.

Even if this person was introduced by Snake i did not trust her so i needed to know the place just in case...

When the area was in my mind, i left the bar not without using my invisibility spell... after Sydney's nights could be quite dangerous
Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Wed 28 Oct - 18:19

GM Post

Once more on the breach

The address was not hard to find and Garret made it there without too much trouble, probably due to the invisibility spell he sustained all the way there. It was physically taxing however, and most of his stamina and attention were sapped away by the manipulation magic he had to exercise on everyone he walked by.

One thing he noticed though was the change in the crowd’s mood as he moved from the slums and suburbs to the mafia’s controlled part of town. It was as if all the small fries looking for an easy catch or someone to feast on had gone away.

After a while, he finally stopped in front of an Italian restaurant, the meeting place he had been directed to. It looked like someone really had a taste for kitsch mafia clichés.

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Sun 6 Dec - 21:45

In Godfather's Land

Eileen once told me despite its beauty, Magic is like a muscle the more you train the more you are efficient.

And i have to say that i really needed some practice.

I felt like a dilletante... I was sure that i trained hard but now i wasn't so sure.

During her time as a Shadowrunner, Eileen had to use her Magic to hide from people during hours and she was able to fight and think clearly. Me i was exhausted... but i had to go on.

I released my spell in an empty alley just not to pop in front of people and i looked to the restaurant.

A smile came to my face. Those people who own the place had watched too much Mafia's movie

Anyway i rearranged my clothes and i walked in.

It was time for business
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   

Back to top Go down

Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2