Ngetal

Voici le point d'ancrage de voyageurs de Plan. Tantôt incarné en Elfe, d'autre fois en Lugian ou en nain, nous finissons toujours par revenir au même point, notre petite Auberge Ngetal

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Fri 8 Jun - 14:17

GM Post

Ain't no rest for the Wicked

Guided by a tenuous lead on his friend's whereabouts, Garrett had taken the big jump and moved to Australia.

Against his wishes, he also ended up bringing some of his past in his baggages. Maelle had dogged his heels and followed him oversea.

Despite his best attempts and after weeks turned into months, his lead eventually grew tepid and then cold, leaving him to deal with an everyday life in Sydney while he tried to recompose anything from whatever pieces of the puzzle he had left. Their lifestyle degraded too, along with the steady rate by which their finance shrunk. They moved from places to places until they eventually ended into Sydney's harbor, in a dilapidated rathole.

The sun bled through the broken pieces of the shutters, magnified by the greasy window before falling on the prone body collapsed into the bedroom's chair. Last night legwork had not proven any different that the ones of the last months and Garrett had collapsed into his chair from exhaustion, without even making it into his bed.

"Hey! Open up asshole, I know you're in there"

And his Landlord made a rather ill-fitting wakeup call as he banged his fist furiously against their door. While they did pay their rent every months, the last few had been pretty tight and they slipped the pay date on more than one occasion.

From the tone of his voice, Mister Landlord was not happy they had somehow slipped the date for this month too.

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Fri 8 Jun - 16:04

Garrett Frost
Crawling in Alice's Rabbit Hole

I knew thet this day would come. I was hoping that we would find a solution but i blinded myself.
We were in a Bad Situation. When we left New York, i convinced myself that everything will be ok and easy. But i twas not.
Slowly i rose from my chair, i rubbed my eyes and took a deep breath and i walked to the door.

Despite myself i glanced toward Maelle in the vain hope that she could find a solution. But i had to face the truth, this time i had to solve this problem myself. In a way this was a good thing. The less i depended on this girl the better i will be. Even if she saved my life and allowed me to find some clue in the Bethany Case, i was unable to really trust her. Maybe i twas because i had the feeliings that she was somehow a Puppet Master .
The Irony of my situation was that despise this mistrust, i was totally dependent on her…

After a deep Sigh i put my bad mood and negative thought in the closet and i yelled : « i am Coming ».
Then i walked to the door and tried to find something to say to our dear mister Landlord to gain some more time.

The last thing i thought before opening the door was : « we really need to find some Cash »

Last edited by Rellvaan on Sun 20 Sep - 20:22; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ngetal.forumpro.fr
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Fri 8 Jun - 16:25

GM Post

Unfortunately Maelle was nowhere to be found, which meant that she had already made her way out the door and that Garrett would have to face the anger of their Landlord on his own.

The welcoming sight was not pretty. John Malone, their landlord, was a street urchin. Born and raised in the city's slums he had worked his way from the dirty back streets of the harbor to being the owner of his own place... kinda. The building did not really belong to him but he was the one running the show here. And he knew it.

John Malone
Friendly Next Door Landlord

John snorted as number 21's door opened and his eyes fell on the man who passed for a sorry excuse of a tenant. He shifted slightly, looking above the man's head to see if his bitch was home too.

"Been forgetting the rent, eh?", his voice was gruff with just the right amount of sarcasm, "That'll be two months worth in a week"

His eyes dropped back on the human, his big gnarly arms crossing over his chest as he began to drum the fat fingers of his right hand against his biceps.

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Fri 8 Jun - 18:51

Garrett Frost

This Guy, John Malone was the kind of personn that i disliked the most.

His life was harsh and he managed to get out of his shit. But rather than overrun his past, he chose to be part of this Infernal Circle.

I was sure by the way he looked at me that he enjoyed bullying people. In his Darkest dream the thing that he wanted the mos twas surely to be the Topdog. Not a Topdog but The Topdog.
Unfortunately, he has not the guts and maybe the strenght to become one. Nevertheless, he had enough strenght to break my spine with two fingers so i had to play it soft.

« Hello, Mister Malone » i said to him. « I know we are a bit late. But my friend, who is not here as you could see, is gone to grab some money. We will give you what you are waiting tonight or tomorrow and be sur that we will give you what your are waiting for as soon as we got the money »

How i hated me so much to beg that way but i had no choice. First even if i could break him with my martial arts training (wich was less than sure because being good in a Dojo was far from being the same in a real fight) we would have to leave this place and i was hard enough at present that we didn’t need to be some kind of fugitive in a place that i didn’t even know. Second that man was working for some people and i had enought ennemies. There was no need to give some more ticket for my head.

So i tried to stay cool and waited for mister Malone’s answer. And before things got Ugly i would try to use my Magic to sweeten the pot

Last edited by Rellvaan on Sun 20 Sep - 20:23; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Fri 8 Jun - 19:05

John Malone
Friendly Next Door Landlord

"Is she now?"

John raised a suspicious eyebrow. He knew their kind. The whole building was filled with people like them, people who kept on pleading for one more day, people who would swear honest-to-god that they'd have the money by tonight. Lots of them ended back into the streets.

It was a pity his bitch was not here, he could have been a little more accommodating and worked up arrangements with the lady.

But this was not charity work.

"Tonight", he said simply, "Or you're both out"

He glowered at the human for a bit longer before turning around, taking only a few more steps down the corridor before he stopped in front of the next apartment.

He banged his fists against the door, "Hey asshole! Open up, I know you're there"

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Fri 8 Jun - 19:25

Garrett Frost

Alone again.
I had won few hours. I knew it was almost nothing but i was far better than takin gour package and leave this place. And sleeping outside was not the kind of thing that i would love to experiment. My Dear Eileen brought me in the Forest a long time ago and i twas fun. But i was a youngling and i twas just one night… and everything seemed safer with her.

Ok, so, how to gain few bucks and a few hours… I could always try to ask money to my family or to my boss but the less they would be involved the better it would be.

I felt so lost. This world was not my world. When i watched Trideo movie or Drama the hero always had a solution or knew who to speak to. But i was not in a Drama and most of all i was not a Hero.

So i took my datapad and took a deep breath. Did i call my friends ? My family ? Or did i ask Maelle for Help… again. And by the way, where was she ? She said before that she was going outside or i thought but she didn’t say anything more.

I could always try to find a work just to gain few Nuyens but my travel was not Tourism i twas to find my friend. So i needed contacts in the good place and not someone like Paulo the Friendly Butcher that could give you some advice about the greatest piece of Meat.

Maybe i was desperate, maybe i was addict, dumb or just a Fool but i did the only thing that seemed good to me at the moment : Calling Maelle

Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Tue 12 Jun - 14:03

Maelle Campbell
Too Good To Be True

Maelle frowned when the incoming call icon popped up in the lower right corner of her vision. It was Garrett. She had left him collapsed in his chair when she had walked out only a few hours ago. What could have gone wrong in the meantime?

She accepted the call and answered.

"Yes?"

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Tue 12 Jun - 16:20

Garrett Frost

And now was the time to forget my Ego and be humble.

« Hey Maelle. I am sorry to call you so soon but our Landlord was here few minutes ago to remember us that he is the one in Charge and that we owe him some Nuyens… He tell me that if we do not give him the creds tonight we were going to be thrown out. So i was wondering if some connexions of yours have any clue… maybe a Job that we or i can do to get some money ? »

As i was babbling my sentencesomething pop-up in my mind. As an international reporter, Mister Larsson could have connexions too. All i need was a trail maybe just some kind of Fixer. I needed a Bone to chew on.

So even if Maelle was not working on my case or trying to get some Money, i had another lead.

Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Thu 14 Jun - 14:16

Maelle Campbell
Too Good To Be True

Maelle's eyes moved to the other side of the street, spotting the man she had been following for a while.

"I've met a guy in a pub which could be able to get you something to do. Don't expect much though, friends have told me he is slow trusting and may want to run us through a few couple of test runs before we could get our hands on bigger stuff"

It was a good thing that the landlord visit seem to have opened Garrett's eyes on the fact they would need to find income one way or another if they wanted to stay here a bit longer. She would have had a hard time getting the money all by herself while he kept on trudging the streets in hopes of finding his lost friend.

"I'll send you the address and contact details"

With a simple thought, she shifted the windows around her augmented reality vision. She popped out the feed from a nearby camera she had hacked only moments ago, keeping track of her target while she sent him the data at the same time.

"There. I'll talk to you later"

She hung up.

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Thu 14 Jun - 18:41

Garrett Frost

As soon as the files were downloaded i checked and studied them.

Ok, it was time to pay a visit to this person. Even if we ran out of time i had to play it easy.

First i was a Neophyte in this world and secondly he was my only track right now soi t was not the time to mess up.

I grabbed my Trenchcoat, my gun and i left the appartment to meet that contact

Last edited by Rellvaan on Sun 20 Sep - 20:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Fri 15 Jun - 14:43

GM Post

Welcome to Down Under 101

Sydney’s port district was not what it had been only fifty years ago. What had been a vibrant area thriving with an active cultural life and flourishing trade turned into one of the worst slums to date. The population in the district was mainly composed of metahumans, namely orcs and trolls.

Many things could be found there, for a price, and even the vilest of human instincts could be satiated. Worst amongst the worst was one of Sydney’s most famous pop culture icons, the Harper Bridge. Here, could be found the lowest of the low, those with no income and who were ready to do anything for a mere piece of something to eat. Might it be another human or metahuman.

Organleggers thrived in that environment too, as well as organized and not so organized crime. It was a bad place to wander alone by day and an even worst by night.

Fortunately, Maelle’s directions did not take Garrett through the worst parts of the city and, even if more than once he had felt eyes on him or heard the echo of footsteps trailing him, he made it to the pub mostly unharmed.

As he walked in, a young blonde woman walked past him. She openly gave him a thorough once over before flashing him a gorgeous smile and walking out. Something about her was dazzling but she was gone before he could talk to her.

Now, what he had left to do was finding the man he was looking for. Someone called Snake.

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Fri 15 Jun - 16:45

Garrett Frost

I worked hard to keep a Serene face but inside me i was on the watch.
That place was Awful and all living creature that i crossed seemed to me like a potential danger .

But i cannot complained i choose to be here for Bethany so i clenched my teeth and i walked to right to the Pub.

During my little walk i thought once or twice that someone would try his luck and that i had to shoot him or even to fry him but luckily nobody did anything.
Again my little Guardian Angel protected me… Maybe i had to stop being suspicious but she was to good to be true but sometimes you had to dance with the Devil under a Moonlight in order to get what you want.

Finally i entered in the Pub. My fisrt vision was quite the opposite that i expected. It wasa  Beautiful young woman. As i walked in her direction our gaze met and she smiled to me. It was as if time had stopped. Shyly, i returned her smile and i walked my way but as when you luckily catch a glimpse of Paradise you try to get more i looked back in her direction… But she was gone like a dream . something flashed in my mind did she smile to me because she was polite or did she mocked me because i looked like i was a lost boy in a dangerous place. Unfortunately i bet for the second choice

I sighed and then i went back to my Goal : « Finding Snake ».

Snake… the one that i needed to find…why people and especially the one living in the Shadow wolrd loved to take animal’s name : Snake, Black Mamba, White Wolf, Raven… Did it give them the power of their Totemic Animal or died they try to instill Fear in their opponent heart with a dangerous name ?
But it was no time for a philosophical speech. I checked for the 150 times snake’s picture and then i scanned the area for him while i was walking to the Bar and maybe i would purchased something to drink.

Last edited by Rellvaan on Sun 20 Sep - 20:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Mon 18 Jun - 12:36

GM Post

Welcome to Down Under 101

Most of the bar patrons were busy minding their own business. A few of them looked up from their glasses to watch Garrett as he walked past their table but none made the effort to start conversation with him.

As he neared the bar, the bartender leaned forward on her elbows and cocked a suspicious eyebrow at him.

Oona Ryland
Ain't Your Bloody Mary

Oona had been eyeing the newcomer ever since he walked in. Hell, it was part of her job to know the faces of all the regulars. A lot of the shadow world came and went to her bar, it was one of the best place around to find some well paid job for those who deserved it.

And she made sure trouble never came this way. She had worked in the shadows before, she still did, and she was by far one of the best.

"Hey there stranger". She straightened up, her left hand against her hip, "Ye be drinkin' something?"

Garrett's survey of the bar did not provide any immediate result. If that Snake guy was indeed here, he was probably sitting further within the bar or at one of the private booth.

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Mon 18 Jun - 13:24

Garrett Frost
Lost in Translation

I swore silently. Of course, there was no Snake anywhere. That would have been to easy but sometimes easy things were good.

So i did the only thing that seemed logical walking to the Bar.

As i came closer, the Bartender glared at me and i got to say she seemed very « welcoming ». After her Laconic sentence things were said : i was clearly label suspicious newcomer. Great. I could try to play it cool as if i was part of their world but i wasn’t so i chose to be honest.

« Hello Madam. Yes i would like something to drink and i have a question for you . For the Drink a non Alcoholic Cocktail would be fine but if you have none a beer will be good. And do you know someone called Snake ?»

Now it was double or quits

Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Mon 18 Jun - 13:53

Oona Ryland
Ain't Your Bloody Mary

A look of utter surprise crossed Oona's face for a second before she roared out with laugher. It was the most surreal way someone had ever addressed her before, and it was by far the funniest order she had ever heard today. What had the man been expecting by waltzing into a pub... and ordering non alcoholic cocktails...

"Sorry mate", she grinned, "But we're fresh out of strawberry smoothies and goat milk, it'll have to be a beer"

She picked up an empty glass, spraying a little water to rince it before she put it under the tap of her cheapest ale. The man had not voiced any preferences in term of beers, he did not seem like the type to have any knowledge about beuverage anyway.

She threw a sidelong glance his way.

"Snake, eh? Fancy name that"

She watched the golden liquid flow, adjusting the angle and speed with skill in order to diminish the amount of foam produced.

"Ye not a Westie, uh? Foreigner?"

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Mon 18 Jun - 15:07

Garrett Frost
Lost in Translation

« Gosh, i replied, i understand. Too bad that you are fresh out of these drinks but maybe i twas too tough for me » and i grinned back.

I take few secondes to answer back

« Yes Snake… I had the same thought about is name but he’s the one that i am looking for. And yes, i am a Foreigner. I came here to visit your beautiful country, looking for friends of mine and even get few job to pay my bills and more ».

All the time i spoke i was playing with the almost clean glass that contained this undertermined Yellow liquid that was probably called Beer. Hopefully i never had the idea to drink it and maybe the Bartender knew it.

I wondered if i could use dit in a car as Nitro or if it could be some kind of weapon like acid that i could use. Finally, idecided that i twas only a cheap Beer

Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Wed 20 Jun - 10:28

Oona Ryland
Ain't Your Bloody Mary

Oona leaned back, folding her arms beneath her breasts after she gave the counter a quick wipe. And it seemed like forever before she spoke again.

"So you're looking for work, eh?"

She tilted her head to a side, studying the man playing with the glass of beer for a moment before her eyes shifted to look further into the bar. Eventually, she turned her attention back to Garrett and grinned.

"I would not say this country is particularly beautiful. Deadly, yes. Corrupt, certainly. But beautiful... pah"

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Wed 20 Jun - 14:48

Garrett Frost
Lost in Translation

I smiled back to the Bartender

« Even the Lotus Blossum can grow on Mud… But i think that i understand what you mean. Since my first day in Australia i have to say that it changed my vision of Humanity. Nevertheless, i am sure that in such situation there’s opportunities for someone ready to almost anything »

That was not the finest sentences that i made. I felt like a old chinese sage from a good old Z movie but i didn’t care. And if she found me funny that would be better than something worst

Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Mon 2 Jul - 16:59

Oona Ryland
Ain't Your Bloody Mary

Oona cocked an eyebrow at the man's reply. He was a weird one alright and she was not sure which way she should be handling him. The decision was made for her however, when an answer popped up on her retinal HUD.

Apparently, someone had vouched for him and clearance had been given by Snake.

She moved back to the counter and leaned on her elbows, her face only inches from the man's as she put up a wicked little grin.

"It looks like someone's waiting for up in the booth at the back", she turned her head in the direction of the booth and pointed out with her finger.

"Stay nice and play safe. I really don't like to have to step away from my counter"

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Wed 4 Jul - 12:41

Garrett Frost
Lost in Translation

As soon as she said that someone was waiting for me a mix of feeling came to my heart.
I was relieved and anxious because i had passed the first test (in an average way but who care...) but now the serious things were going to begin.
I grab my glass with something yellow in it and said:
"- thanks for the errr drink, the conversation and don't worry, i can be a nice boy" before winked to her.
As i walked to the booth i took a deep breath. Now, i had to be convincing to get some work. The Landlord won't wait.

Last edited by Rellvaan on Sun 20 Sep - 20:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Fri 13 Jul - 14:58

GM Post

The bartender simply nodded before getting busy again, leaving Garrett to his own devices as he left the counter.

Like when he came in the first time, the other patron barely gave him a look as he moved further in. The elf's direction led him to a small spiraling staircase that took him to a second floor with a more subdued and cozy atmosphere.

In a corner was an old piano and a young woman with long black hair was playing it, apparently oblivious to her surroundings and filling the air with the gentle notes of something Garrett could not recognize. Probably some of these antic symphonies composed by men a couple of hundred years ago.

Booths were lining the room, most of them occupied. A single man with lanky grey hair was sitting in the one he was looking for. His pale eyes lifted up, almost as if he had felt his gaze of him, before he leaned back and threw his arm over the back of his seat. The one on the other side of the table was invitingly empty.

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Wed 18 Jul - 12:10

Garrett Frost

So, at last, it was time for me to met with Mr Snake. Unless it was intermediary again.

Unfortunately if it was an intermediary he was not as good looking as the Bartender. And if he was Snake i had to say that he was… defferent from what i was thinking. Maybe i watched too many Holodrama…
The Atmosphere was kinda weird too the girl who was playing this pretty music didn’t fit with this place. It was too delicate. Again it showed me that i had no idea in what i was walking to but i twas too late now.

Slowly i was walking to the guy that seemed to wait for me and i told him

« Hello. You are mister Snake i présume. May i take a sit ? »
Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Thu 24 Sep - 13:46

Brian "Snake" Landon
Not Your Best Friend

Snake was already beginning to second guess himself, which was usually not a very good sign. His choices were always the right ones, and he rarely made mistakes but this man... Was this man an idiot or dimwitted?
It was definitely the wrong way to start. If you wanted to end up in his good book.

His gaze did not falter, still locked on the other man standing right outside the booth, and neither did the look of almost absolute boredom clinging to his face.

Rellvaan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Thu 24 Sep - 22:27

Garrett Frost

Why so serious ? was the first thing that come in my mind when i saw this man.
As if to be a badass you always needed to be a dumbass.
Anyway i had to play by his rules because he was the contact that Maelle gave me.
Here, just like the Bartender reminded me few minutes ago, for all of them i was a foreigner and we were in the Jungle. For them, i was only a prey, a solitary and somehow a wounded prey and they thought of themselves as predators.
But they were wrong. Maybe i was, few weeks ago but not anymore.
So i looked right into the eyes of this Snake and i did not flinch or shiver and i sit right in front.
I looked my gaze on his and i told him

"- So sir. A good friend of mine told me that you could have a job for us"

Last edited by Rellvaan on Fri 25 Sep - 22:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Liltroll
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   Fri 25 Sep - 17:00

GM Post

Unchained Melody

Eileen ended the lyrical melody she had been playing with a tender and caressing touch on the last key.

She loved this place, maybe because of the atmosphere, maybe because of Oona which was a very good friend of hers, or just because it was one of the only place to still have a real, 19th century, vintage piano. This particular piece should belong in a museum, but even there, it was well tended and cared for, showing the love the owner had for this very peculiar piece of furniture.

Her vision shifted into the Astral as she finally lifted her head, her gaze coming to a stop on the newcomer sitting down in front of Snake. He was an awakened, she could tell, with a reasonable potential that could flourish under the right guidance and training.

But she was not into charity work today…

She was finally distracted by approaching footsteps, a dancing walk she would easily recognize anywhere.

Lea "Scarlet" Weber
Fists of Fury

"Yo! Leen! Snow and I are gonna do some shoppin’. D’you wanna tag along? Ye were not very happy with my choice of newts last time"

Lea flashed an easy grin, happy to rouse the brooding Irish out of her reverie. She waited until the end of the piano session… because… well, she loved the way Eileen played the piano; it was something really rare down here, and something that she probably would never tire of listening to. She had been entranced the first time she had seen it, and she still was.

"Snow’s waitin’ for us downstairs. In the car… well, ye know how bad she is with crowds"

Eileen "Clover" Shannon
Mother of the Covenant

Eileen carefully closed the cover of the piano’s keyboard before she stood up, her full attention on the redhead.

"Very much so. And yes, I do remember the rather… unlucky choices you made last time."

She briefly turned her head toward Snake and his guest, one last time, before following Lea downstairs.

"And some adult need to keep your mentally challenged pair in check."

They walked out, leaving behind the echoes of Lea’s laughter.

Brian "Snake" Landon
Not Your Best Friend

"Chopin"

Snake waved a hand toward the newly vacated piano.

"I like classical music, it’s very relaxing."

He kept studying the man before him, making mental notes of his every little twitches and tics. The man was obviously nervous, almost like a doe trying to puff out its chest to look… well, less like a doe.

"A friend? Hmm? Good thing to have, friends, especially in a world like ours. Better yet, friends you can trust."

He tilted his head to a side, thinking.

"I’m not sure I know who you are referring to. Would you happen to have a name, to go along with that friend of yours?"

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees   

Back to top Go down

Game Thread 1: Money don't grow on trees
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next